September 4, 2014

Facebook Settings for Genealogists

Ok - so this article I'll reference isn't specific to genealogists. BUT, as a genealogist, I use FaceBook more and more in my research and to sharpen my skills. Like everyone who uses FaceBook, I want to be sure I am careful about my privacy.

FaceBook makes it all ridiculously complicated, probably on purpose because they make money selling your data.

Don't know about you, but I'd seriously prefer that my data not be sold. Not that I'm a secretive sort of person, after all, all you have to do is Google my name and you'll see that I'm all over the internet (but in a good way!). It's just a matter of principle.

So since I'm not the brightest light in the house, I'm really grateful when articles come along that break it down for me in a way I can digest.

5 FaceBook Settings to Change NOW


Don't get me wrong - I love FaceBook. I know people who abhor it, but I really enjoy keeping up with friends and I'm particularly enjoying plugging into the local genealogy community via FaceBook. However, there's nothing wrong with a little caution.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment